Kaukauna Utilities bills in cycles throughout the month, meaning that due dates vary for each customer and are based on their accounts last meter reading and/or estimate date.
The bill highlights the current amount due and a date that the bill would be past due. A late penalty will be assessed if your payment does not arrive at our office prior to the due date.
The following bill payment options are offered by Kaukauna Utilities:
- Preauthorized Payment – Customers will receive a Kaukauna Utilities billing statement as usual informing them of the amount owed. Payment is automatically deducted from your checking or savings accounts one (1) business day prior to the due date.This convenient payment option is available at no cost to the customer. Click Here for instructions to sign up.
- Check payments can be mailed using the return envelope included with the billing statement or by mailing it to:
P.O. Box 1777
Kaukauna, WI 54130.
KU does not recommend mailing cash payments.
- Cash or check payments are accepted at the KU office located at 777 Island Street, Kaukauna. Please bring your billing statement with you.
- Check payments can be made using the payment drop box located in the front parking lot at KU. KU does not recommend using the drop box for cash payments. Please remember to include the remittance advice or your account number when using the drop box.
- Online via your bank’s online bill payment page.
- Credit card, Debit card, or Electronic check. Pay using your credit card without a fee! KU has eliminated the customer paid convenience fee on credit card, debit card, and e-check transactions as part of our ongoing effort to make bill payment as easy and convenient as possible for our customers. Payments can be made anytime, any day, anywhere. Payments can be made in two ways:
1. Pay Online: Click on “Pay Bill/ Access Account.” From there, you may make a one time payment or sign in to your account.
2. Pay By Phone: Call our dedicated Paymentus Corporation toll free number at 1-877-360-3485.
Please note that we no longer accept credit card payments at the KU office.
If paying your bill via a third-party website or application, like Doxo, Papaya, etc., please know that they may charge an additional processing fee. Also, payments coming to us via these third parties are typically delayed, resulting in late payments and possible disconnection due to non-payment. To pay in real-time and without any fees, please use the KU customer portal – MyAccount.