The Rapide Croche Plant was constructed in 1925 – 1926. The Rapide Croche Hydro Project includes a powerhouse located about three miles downstream from the Kaukauna City Plant.
The powerhouse is located at the south end of the Corps of Engineer’s Dam. The powerhouse is about 167 feet wide by 60 feet deep and is founded on bedrock.
The dam at the site is known as the Rapide Croche Dam and is owned, operated and maintained by the Corps of Engineers. Water levels for the upstream pool are controlled by adjustment of the tainter gates on the dam and wicket gates on the turbines.