|Choose an appliance below to get started.|
|Estimated Monthly Total: $|
How to use the Calculator
Ever wonder how much it costs to run your ceiling fan all day? Want to know how that compares to using your window air conditioner? Our easy-to-use power calculator can show you just how much electricity your household appliances use.
- First, select a category and a household appliance. You may adjust the quantity, wattage and hours used per week.
- After completing your selection, click on the “Add Appliance” button.
- We’ll calculate the approximate monthly energy cost for that appliance.
- Add other appliances and watch how the estimated monthly total changes, please note, customer charges are not included.
Energy Resource Center
Where are your energy dollars going? WPPI has a resource to answer that question! Click the button below to check out the Energy Resource Center. Features include:
- Television Calculator – Compares the energy use and cost of LCD, DLP, Plasma, and traditional tube televisions.
- Appliance Calculator – How much does it really cost to use the appliances in your home? This is a quick way to get a feel for what your home’s appliances cost to operate.
- Save Money on Lighting – Explore the money and carbon you could save by replacing incandescent lights in your home with more efficient ones.
- Green Power – Learn how the purchase of blocks of renewable energy is equivalent to tons of recycled aluminum, newspaper, and glass, barrels of oil not used, tons of coal not used, acres of forest planted and months of not driving a car.